Thursday, February 23, 2017

Jess meets the reporter hired to tell his story ~~TRANSPIRATIONS BY PS WINN

“Mary pointed at Amy. “Jess, this is Amy. She’s the reporter Jack sent to us.” Amy held out her hand. “It’s nice to meet you Jess.” Letting go of his mom, Jess took Amy’s hand. “The pleasure is mine. How’s Jack doing these days?” Amy smiled. “Jack is great. Between him and your mom, I feel like I already know you.” The blue eyes narrowed slightly as Jess glanced over at his mom. Amy could see a sparkle of humor in the depths as Jess spoke. “I hope mom didn’t bore you to death.” Mary rolled her own green eyes. “Now Jess, would I do that?” Jess nodded and then laughed. “As a matter of fact, yes, you would.” As he turned to stare at Amy, she was captivated by the intense blue eyes. “I hope you’ll give me a chance to defend myself against whatever mom told you.” Mary was shaking her head. “Plenty of time for that later. Right now we have a big lunch to eat.” Rubbing his hands together, Jess smiled. “I’m all for that. What can I do to help?” Mary shook her head. “Everything’s already been done. Amy has been a big help. You and your appetite just take a seat.” Following his mom’s suggestion, Jess sat while Mary and Amy put the food on the table.”

No comments: