Friday, December 9, 2016

OUR ANGEL: A NIGHT OF FUN AND SONG AT THE PUB!!!!

Excerpt:
We make it to the Pub just as Zack and Jake pull in. Max and Jenna are talking to Ben who is behind the bar. “This brings
back memories.” I say to Ben with a big smile.
“That it does Short Stuff.” Ben says smiling back.
Paul and Ava come in with Trey and Katie. “Wow the gangs all here! I’m so glad you guys are here.” I tell them realizing I
don’t have that nagging feeling that has been with me for days. Jamie ushers us all into the dining room for a late dinner. Ben
joins the guys, they’re talking shop in low voices. I watch concern change to determination in their facial expressions.
Jamie’s eyes find me. He smiles but it doesn’t reach his eyes. Kevin’s eyes snap to me with concern. I smile at them and
return to the girl’s conversations talking kids and work.
Kevin stands and tells us it’s time for some fun. We make our way over to the bar side of the Pub and snag the tables Ben
reserved for us against the back wall. Zack and Jake are checking out the women. I tell them I know how they can switch that
up and have the women chasing them. Their eyes light up. Jamie and Kevin nod to me and tell the guys to come up with
them. Everyone but Paul goes up to the stage. I head to the DJ and give him the song. Paul laughs and I jump, “Fitting song
Mitch.” I didn’t realize he was behind me.
“It’s one of my favorites.” I smile at him. The guys wait for the women onstage to finish. Zack is looking nervous. Kevin
puts a hand on his back and says something to make him laugh. Paul puts his hand on my back ushering me back to the table.
Katie and Jenna want to dance, we make it to the center of the floor and the music starts. I laugh as Zack blows out a breath
and smiles at me. My guys laugh and find me with smiles. They haven’t sung this in a while. I nod and we start dancing as
they sing Thin Lizzies, “The boys are back in town.” The crowd loves them. Everyone sings the chorus. Zack and Jake are
playing it up flirting with the girls. Katie cracks up. “You are too much Mitch; you’ll have every woman in here chasing
them.”
Jenna’s laughing, “I think that was the point.” I nod at them with a big smile.
When the song ends my men come to me and ask if I want to sing tonight. I tell them maybe later. They nod and head back
to the table. Max and Trey are singing Bon Jovi’s, “Raise your Hands.” They’re doing great! The girls stay out and we
dance and cheer for them.
Jamie and Kevin are watching, smiling at us making a spectacle of ourselves. When the song ends I start toward the table and
my sexy men. Jenna catches my arm; I turn to her in question. The hair on the back of my neck stands up. I look around
scanning the room while she grabs my hand with Katie’s. They need a bathroom break. I look around and point to the
bathroom so my guys can see where we’ll be. Jamie nods. As Trey comes off the stage he falls into step behind us to the hall.
We go in the ladies room.
YOU CAN FIND OUR ANGEL ON AMAZON
Image may contain: 1 person , textour-angel-5-m-2
pizap-com14795748291101

No comments: