Friday, December 16, 2016

AN EXCERPT FROM JAKE: BAXTERS 4 BY L.ANN MARIE

Zack is driving me fuckin’ nuts. He rode with me to the Club last night, staying by my side all damn night. While he’s at work
he’s got everyone checking on me. I can’t get a fuckin’ minute alone. Jeremy came over earlier. I was so glad to see CJ and
the kids. I love my Brothers, but enough is enough. I stretch and feel pretty good, so I decide on Lightening’s Loop. As I’m
coming through the west side I hear a cry. I slow down, wondering who the hell is crying. It sounds distorted, but I can follow
it. In the woods I follow the noise, scanning, moving quietly but quickly. It doesn’t sound like crying, but it doesn’t sound
normal either. I see pink and run. A woman is on the ground, making the noises that brought me over. Who the fuck is this
and how did she get inside the fence?
“Are you okay?” I ask, but she doesn’t look at me. “Ma’am, are you okay?” I ask louder. She’s still making weird noises. I
touch her arm and she jumps. “Easy, I heard you cry out and came to check on you. Are you okay?”
She moves away from me, scared. What the hell? I remember my face and put my hand over it. She signs, ‘What happened,
are you all right.’ I hold my face and laugh.
Taking my hand down, I sign, ‘I got caught in an explosion. I’m fine, just look like phantom of the opera.’ I have to spell it
out because I don’t have all the words.
‘You are Jake?’ she asks. She’s got a pretty smile. I nod. ‘Mitch told me about you.’
‘You know my name, but I don’t know yours.’
‘I am Sam. Like Sam I am.’ She smiles and makes a laugh sound deep in her throat. That’s why it sounded distorted.
‘Nice to meet you, Sam I am. Are you okay?’ I wonder what the hell she was doing sitting on the ground in the woods.
She blushes and I watch it move up her face. ‘I was singing. I saw a rabbit and followed it, then started singing to see if it
would come back.’
I bite the inside on my cheeks to stop from laughing. The noises she was making probably scared every animal in a half mile
radius. I look around so I can keep it together. When I look back at her she’s watching me. ‘It looks like I scared it away,
sorry,’ I tell her with a straight face.
She smiles and makes that laugh sound again. My dick notices and I try to keep it under control while I put my hand out to
her. She looks at it then puts her hand in mine. I help her up and groan. Holy shit, she’s built like a 1940s pin-up model. It’s a
good thing she can’t hear me. I pull the cloth out of my pocket and wipe down my face as we’re walking. She stops and pulls
on my arm. ‘You went running in the cast? Isn’t it hot and itchy?’ I nod. ‘Are you supposed to be running after an explosion?’
I shrug. ‘I didn’t ask.’
She smiles. ‘We’ll get along well, Jake.’ She marches away. I watch her ass as she moves and then remember how to move
my feet. Holy shit! I catch up to her and walk beside her back toward Los Lonely.
‘Do you live on Los Lonely?’ She makes the laugh sound again. Shit!
‘Singles. Only the men call it Los Lonely.’ She signs.
‘How come I don’t know you?’ I ask. I need to know everything now. What the hell am I doing?
‘If you promise me a drink, I’ll tell you, but singing makes me thirsty, so I was going home for a drink.’
I try not to laugh, but it comes out and I grab my face too late. Fuck! When my head clears I pull my hand away and sign, ‘I
promise you a drink. Singing is an exhausting hobby. Mine is baking. I can feed you too, unless you’re a dieting woman. Then
I don’t have anything for you to eat.’ I smile at the look on her face. She looks disgusted with the dieting comment.
‘I don’t understand diet. Do I look like a stick that pukes what she puts in her mouth?’
I look at her from the bottom up and groan again. I keep my face blank and sign, ‘No, ma’am Sam I am. You look like you
like green eggs and ham.’ I get the laughing sound and hold my face to laugh with her. She is so damn cute.
‘I do in fact like green eggs and ham, but I’ll settle for a cookie.’ She smiles.
YOU CAN PURCHASE JAKE: BAXTERS BOOK 4 ON AMAZON
Jake’s been working with the Baxters since they were on SEAL Team 10. That’s more than ten years. He’s watched their kids grow up and his other team members and coworkers getting married. He wants all of that too. He’s sick of picking up…
AMAZON.COM
 pizap-com14795748291101

No comments: