Sunday, July 28, 2019

SPACE JUNK : AN INTERGALACTIC ROMANTIC COMEDY. PART 5


Sarah felt better after talking to the captain. She found she was hungry and headed to the canteen when she got there, she noticed Coop and Al were sitting at a table in the corner.
She wondered if she were to avoid them with to get the hint to stay away. After all she made it quite clear there one night meant nothing but then again, did it? Here she was, eight weeks along and was quite possible Coop was the daddy? Maybe she should just confess about her predicament. No, she wasn’t ready yet. Sarah did however feel guilty about snapping at him earlier. Sarah summoned up some courage and approached the table.
She stood there looking at him. “Hi”
“what’s up? You find another way to humiliate me?” Coop refused to look at her.
Al took the opportunity to stand up. “I gotta go find the head. You two crazy kids play nice!” He said and left. Sarah said down in his place facing Coop.”
Coop stared at her “okay, so you want to apologize. Knock yourself out, I’m listening.”
“Yes, okay here goes.” She said clearing her throat. “When I saw you today it was a shock. I was rude and what I said was uncalled for.”
“Yeah, it was. It hurt me Sarah.” Coop stated matter-of-factly
“coop…”
“Let me finish okay! Coop stated holding his hand up
Sarah sighed and said “fine, go on.”
“I might just be a sanitary engineer to you. It’s not a lofty important job like yours but I do have symptoms. You embarrass me in front of a guy I have to work with every day. You minimizing our tryst if you will call it that guy was hurtful. I had fun with you that night even if it was unlikely would see each other again.”
“I did to and yes I was a…” Sarah tried to continue
“bitch?” Coop offered.
“Yes that’s the word I was looking for I was a bitch. I’d been out of sorts lately and I took it out on you. I’m sorry if I embarrassed you in front about. Are we good now?” She inquired hopefully
coop just shrugged “yeah, I guess so.
“Look if there is more you want to say, hit me with it!” Sarah said impatiently
“did you really use me that night?” Coop wanted to know
“it does seem that way doesn’t it? I was tested Todd. I had just found him with Dolly pontoons doing things he never done with me and I lost it. I wanted revenge and I’m sorry you got the brunt of it.” Sarah explained
“I’m not complaining about the revenge sex that was fabulous. You should be enraged more often!”
“Coop!”
Coop had the grace to look sheepish and apologized “sorry that was a bit much.”
Sarah decided to let it go “that’s okay. Look, I enjoyed to but like I said I didn’t think’s each other again let alone this soon.” She explained
“yes it was a shock to me to but still nice to see you. And we have dinner tonight? Were going to be here overnight it seems while they sweep the scout for evidence. They just want to make sure Alan I didn’t have anything to do with creating that dead body.” Realizing he had said too much, coop shut up.”
“I guess there’s no vermin when dinner. What about Al?”
“Al is a big boy. He can entertain himself.”
Al poked coop on the shoulder “Gee thanks coop. That’s okay I’ll be a good boy and find my own fun. I’m glad at least, to see no for flu between you guys. Did you to kiss and make up?” Al smirked.
Coop smiled “sufficiently.” He said and winked at Sarah. “Come on now. We have to check on her ship and give her room assignments. He turned to Sarah “is 6 PM okay?”
Sarah nodded “yeah, I’ll meet you here okay?”
“Sure, see you then.” Coop tipped his hat at Sarah and followed out at of the canteen.



No comments: