Friday, January 20, 2017

Inside the pages of Christian book 1 ~~THE PROTECTORS

Aiyana and Kaya are stopping the oil," Teller says.
I nod smiling. "Did you get that or is Mucimi throwing it?"
He smiles proud. "I got it. I can watch her now."
Since she's the most focused reader we have that's not surprising but I'm reminded we need to jump. I'll do that before Mase and Devan get here. They need a way to get rid of the stress they'll have by getting what everyone is doing.
Prez is watching us. "Aiyana isn't at the reservation?" Fuck he's got that fierce look in his eyes and he's trying to block me.
"No Prez. Every time I try to get through what everyone is doing I'm sent out or you have something else pulling you away."
"Outside." He gets up and walks out but I know that calm isn't really calm. He's pissed. I follow him out and he sends Done in. "They ordered you lunch." Done looks at me then throws Prez chin going into the room. Fuck he feels bad for me. It's not like I had a fuckin chance to say anything.
He walks a couple of steps away then turns back. "Aiyana is off of the reservation but I'm not told. What the fuck are you thinking? She's one of the most powerful readers we have."
"We haven't met yet for me to give you all I've done. Every time you ask I get through half of it. If I told you no when you sent me away you'd be pissed. I'm trying to catch up with MC protocol but you being pissed at me isn't reasonable. I've done everything you asked when you've asked. When we meet I can tell you everything."
"Now! Tell me now because I've got two of ours in fuckin God knows where and they're being hunted. Tell me what the fuck made you think it was okay to send them any fuckin where."
Jesus. He's ready to hit me. "You telling me I head up Protectors made me think you meant it. I'm doing the job you gave me but I'm fighting everyone's assumption that I'm still a fuck up. If you'd take a fuckin minute and listen I can explain."
Fuck! He's got his hand wrapped around my neck and I'm slammed against the wall before I can even register he moved. "I don't give a fuck who's family you are. I deserve more respect than I've seen out of you. If you can't get it together then drop the fuckin cut now."
What? I've given him respect. I'm trying to think of when I've been disrespectful to him then just give up. "You know what, take it. You're not listening but threatening me. Take the fuckin cut and I'll go back to the school with the kids. Put someone you trust to lead the Protectors because I'm not it and I'm fuckin tired of having to prove myself. I'm done." He steps back shocked. As soon as his hand loosens I move. Walking down the hall I shrug the cut off and send it back to him. "I'll be waiting in the locker room for the kids when they're done. Hawk will stay with them."
"Christian!"
I spin around pissed. "No Prez. It's not so easy walking away! It hasn't been a fuckin week in the job I didn't ask for! I've done everything for both the MC and Princes since I was eleven fuckin years old! I've give everything I get up for both Clubs and I just started getting that level of commitment back from you. No one gave me shit before I got here. Now I'm told to move to a job that no one wants me in. I jumped when you told me too. I even asked how fuckin high but it's not enough. Fuck that. I was happy where I was. I don't need the Brothers or Officers bringing me down again. Take your doubt, your threats and the fuckin cut that I worked so hard to earn. I'm fuckin out." When I turn Jessie and Taylor are standing here. I walk by and head to the locker room. Walking the tunnels will calm me. I throw to Brantley that I'm heading down and disable the sensors.
Jeremy is in my head but I stop him. 'I need a fuckin minute. Nothing you say will change this right now. Give me that. I promise I'll always help to keep Aubrey safe Brother. Just give me a fuckin minute.' He quiets and I walk.
Since I was a kid I've gotten this shit and always given them everything. It was to the point that I was so disconnected I only saw my family after they escaped the shit that I saw. People would get pissed when I didn't tell them shit so stopped showing for most of that too. Jacob was the only one that saw what was happening and tried to help. He didn't get the process of the ancestors so what I gave him hurt him but didn't change anything for me. I stopped that too. He was younger than me and didn't need my shit in his head. It would have been helpful if anyone took a fuckin minute to explain the ancestors to me, maybe how to use meditation, or some training on the reading. I got help right at first but nothing after. When I came to the Compound I finally learned all that shit and have been training to grow my abilities. It hits me how fuckin long that took and I'm pissed all over again. I was a fuckin kid. I'll make sure the kids get it and never walk with that depression or feelings of not being good enough to get the extra training. I'll give it to them myself and fuck what the Brothers think. They haven't done a fuckin thing but train me for two years. While I'm grateful and appreciate the ability to see and use the ancestors, I worked for a fuck of a lot longer for them than they ever did for me.
A peace settles over me as I walk back from the waterfront. The kids will be ready to go soon. I push everything from my head and shield so nothing comes in or goes out. I need some space from the Club and all the shit they throw. I wait at the door and see Done disable the sensors. I brace myself because Prez, Darren, Jessie and Dakota are waiting with the kids.

Christian is Live!!!! Grab it on Amazon


15722528_1765547713769493_1739700648_n


No comments: