Sunday, August 18, 2019

Space junk, and intergalactic romantic comedy Part 7


Sarah and Coop met as agreed upon at 6 PM in the canteen.
He raised his hand show me where he was sitting. I approached and he said “hey!”
“Hey back.” Sarah said I took a breath “coop I need to tell you something.”
“Is it about me finding Todd?” He inquired
“well that. I saw his body earlier. What a shock! Did I happen to mention him to you that night?”
Coop nodded “yes you did and that he was a cheating scum bag never to be trusted again!”
Sarah nodded “okay I wasn’t sure if I did or not. I was so plastered!” She chuckled
coop cleared his throat “the captain said the police will want to question me about finding the body.” He explained
“yes looks like I’m going to get grilled as well!” Sarah sighed
“do they think you did it?” Coop inquired
“not sure. I was with you after discovering him and the stripper. You and I were in the bar at Al for station for several hours and then in my cabin for the remainder of the night.” I shrugged
Coop nodded “yeah we were both pretty hung over the next morning but I was. To my scalp after that.” He offered
“yes and I went directly back to the ship and then we departed from the space station.” Sarah responded
“so, you never saw Todd again?”
“No and I didn’t want to. He had made his choice I don’t condone infidelity.” She stated
Coop looked around and whispered “Sarah, be careful!”
“Why?” Sarah looked him in the eye.
“That statement could be construed as a motive.” Coop admonished
“yes, yes it could but I have an alibi for the last two months. I can account for time on the Romulus and any other space station we docked at since. Todd could’ve been killed at any time since then.”
“I’m glad you have me as an alibi. I’ll back you up if needed. I never met the guy so I have no reason to kill him even though I was plenty mad that he hurt you. The worst I would’ve done his punched his lights out!” Coop said vehemently
“shush that also could be seen as a motive. We have to watch what we say from here on in!”
They dropped that subject and Sarah took a deep breath “Coop. I need to tell you something else.”
He shrugged “okay, what?”
“Well, I’ve been feeling kind of punk lately so I got checked out at the infirmary.” I explained
coop seemed to turn both grey and green at the same time. “So… You’re…?”
“Pregnant.” I replied matter-of-factly
“right, that’s what I suspected you’d say.” Coop sighed
“sorry for the shop and that I got us in this predicament.” I honestly felt bad for Coop
“Sarah, do you think it’s mine?”
“Coop I’m 99% sure that it is. Once again I’m really sorry. She  apologized
“so there’s no chance it could be Todd’s?”
Sarah shook her head “no Todd and I hadn’t seen each other in four months. That’s why we arranged to meet at alpha station!”
“Wow, some reunion.” Coop replied.

“yeah,” I said “didn’t quite go as planned. I had stopped taking my pills so he and I could have a baby but as you know that never happened.”
“Yeah, but we did!” Coop stated
“boy, did we ever!” Was Sarah’s response
he reached over and took my hand “Sarah, are you okay with this?”
“Being pregnant? Sure, I wanted a baby.”
“You wanted a baby with Todd intergalactic rate not a sanitary engineer.” Coop snorted
“hey Coop. It happened. I’m okay with it! Sarah reassured him
“phew, so, are you going to keep it? It’s not exactly the love child you envisioned. Coop offered
“Coop, don’t worry. I’m not going to abort. I was sure it was yours.
“Were you planning to tell me?”
I shook my head “to be honest. I wasn’t sure. Please don’t be mad okay.” He tried to explain “I’m listing.” Coop sat there waiting for me to say something more.
“Look at the situation. I’m pushing 30. You’re only 22 with wife ahead of you. We only know each other and the biblical sense. It was only one night. I wasn’t even sure I’d ever see you again.” She pleaded
Coop held his hands up “right, no basis for a relationship whatsoever. I get it.” He didn’t look happy but resigned
“Coop, if you want to be involved you can. I just wasn’t sure you’d want to be.”
Coop smiled for the first time in a while “I’d like to be. I know I’m young but I think I’m mature enough to handle fatherhood.”
I smiled back “well then, let’s get to know each other better. Sarah replied
“outside the bedroom?” Coop chuckled
“yes, outside the bedroom.” Sarah responded, laughing.




















No comments: