Thursday, March 2, 2017

EYES BEYOND THE WALL--CONNIE SPEAKS! GARY D. HENRY

16831408_1426361320715921_930064454_n   
COMING SOON TO AMAZON AND OTHER BOOKSELLERS
 I will persevere until your quiver is bare and I will take charge of my life once more!” She stepped back a few steps away from the broken rail and made her decision. She picked the box of her burned memories and thrust it forward allowing the wind to take them to parts unknown. She‘d given fate everything she had with the exception of her life and though she felt the wind shift to her back, pushing her to the precipice, she fought back. “No, you will not take my last vestige of hope. I was born into this world to do great things and you’ll not take me until I’ve achieved that end!” She didn’t know, or care, about the ramifications of her defiance as she screamed from her perch. She cared little as to what or who heard her words meant for the heavens nor did she care what came next. Whether or not fate existed as an entity with senses, she made sure it heard her. She challenged it and felt better for it. She hoped her burnt offering that disintegrated in the wind, satisfied its wicked intentions. She only cared that beings, benevolent or not, heard her. 

No comments: